September 2011 – Present
Represent clients in family law, civil, and criminal cases from inception to resolution, including trial by jury.
• General practice matters including estate planning, residential real estate issues, and landlord/tenant cases.
• Argue contested motions, attend court calls, and participate in settlement negotiations including mediation, arbitration, and pretrial conferences.
• Draft motions, complaints, answers, discovery, memoranda of law, and trial documents.
March 2010 – September 2011 (1 year 7 months) Chicago, IL
Defended civil cases for insurance companies specializing in elevator coverage and general liability carriers.
• Argued contested motions, attended court calls, and participated in settlement negotiations including mediation, arbitration, and pretrial conferences.
• Took and defended depositions including medical and retained expert witnesses.
• Drafted motions, complaints, answers, discovery, memoranda of law, and all related trial documents.
2017 – Present
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Illinois Concealed Carry License Instructor
2014 – Present
“Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act”, Instructor / Keynote Speaker for On Target Training Group, April 2014 – Present
“Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act”, Keynote Speaker for Tri-River Police Training Region MTU-16, March 2014
“Illinois Retired Officer Concealed Carry / Illinois Parole Agent Concealed Carry”, Guest Speaker for IROCC/IPACC, March 2014
“Criminal Law and Use of Force”, Keynote Speaker for Regional Institute of Specialized Training, April 2014
November 2006 – March 2010 (3 years 5 months) Chicago, IL
Managed civil cases through all stages of litigation from intake to resolution, including trial by jury.
• Appeared in court to argue contested motions, attended case management calls, and participated in pretrial conferences.
• Deposed and defended deponents including fact, medical, and retained expert witnesses.
• Drafted motions, complaints, answers, discovery, memoranda of law, and trial documents.
• Defended criminal cases including traffic violations, misdemeanor, and felony charges.
2005 – 2007 (2 years) Chicago, IL
Assisted with civil and criminal litigation, as well as transactional work for the corporate division of the law department.
• Arbitrated and negotiated settlement of civil cases including subrogation claims.
• Deposed fact and retained expert witnesses at discovery and evidence depositions.
• Researched and drafted pretrial motions, discovery, temporary restraining orders, and memoranda of law.
• Drafted ordinances and amendments for proposal to the Board of Directors.
• Appeared in court for both civil and criminal cases.